On June 6, 2004 the ASME Board of Governors (BOG) authorized establishment of a new 501(c)(3) Limited Liability Company (LLC) named the ASME Standards Technology, LLC (ASME ST-LLC ), with ASME as the sole member, to carry out work related to newly commercialized technology. ASME ST-LLC will expand upon the role of the former Codes and Standards Technology Institute (CSTI), which was established in 2001 to provide the research and technology development needed to maintain the technical relevance of codes and standards.
ASME ST-LLC shall anticipate the standardization needs of industry and government related to emerging technologies by providing market-relevant technical products and services.
- To meet the needs of industry and government by providing new standards-related products and services, which advance the application of scientific and technological development.
- To advance the standardization needs of industry and government in regard to emerging and newly commercialized technologies.
- To provide the research and technology development needed to establish and maintain the technical relevance of codes and standards.
- Initiate and manage research projects essential to developers of technical standards to address the related industry, governmental and jurisdictional needs.
- Anticipate future codes and standards needs related to existing and emerging technology and bridge gaps between new technology and standardization.
- Develop new standards-related products and services beyond the traditional role of ASME Codes and Standards.
- Establish partnerships with technical organizations worldwide.
- Facilitate the development, dissemination and application of market-relevant engineering knowledge worldwide.
- Serve as the Project Office for all ASME Codes and Standards research and development projects and programs.
- Serve as an implementation vehicle for ASME Strategic Initiatives.
ASME has appointed a Management Committee to oversee the business and affairs of ASME ST-LLC. Management Committee members:
- Mark Sheehan, Chair (Managing Director, Development, ASME)
- June Ling (Deputy Executive Director, ASME)
- William Berger (Managing Director, Standards, ASME)
The following appointed Officers manage the day-to-day operations of ASME ST-LLC:
- John J. Koehr, PMP, President (Managing Director, Technology & Personnel Certification, ASME)
- James Ramirez, Vice President, Business Development (Manager, Global Technology, ASME)
- David Webber, Treasurer (Director, Finance, ASME)
- Dan Andrei, Secretary (Project Specialist, ASME)